TagsALGOL 68 alpha alsa apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub HTML i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Wireless Networking
- Enable verbose startup messages in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- How to obtain a core dump when a process Segfaults
- 341,283 hits
Tag Archives: bash
Occasionally I want to display a user-friendly progress bar when doing something in a script, usually downloading a file.
Just to remind myself this one liner that does exactly what it says on the tin!
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy. The only problem is that you need to … Continue reading
There are differences between versions of some of the relatively common utilities that occasionally make it necessary to check which version is installed in a script, but comparing version numbers in a script is quite hard – fortunately if you … Continue reading
Recently when rebuilding on of my machines I encountered and error when I tried to install X windows.