- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Configuring the base system
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 439,284 hits
Tag Archives: bash
I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to check how to remove extra spaces from the end of the lines, or convert between DOS and Unix style line feeds so I thought I’d better write down some … Continue reading
The following shell script doesn’t do anything interesting by itself but it is a very useful bit of boiler plate for parsing command line options.
The following commands will check to see if you are running out of disk space and warn you when any partition has 20% or less free space.
Short bash function routine to prompt the user to enter Yes or No (which may be abbreviated to Y or N) in response to a prompt.
Occasionally I want to display a user-friendly progress bar when doing something in a script, usually downloading a file.