TagsALGOL 68 alpha apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh stretch ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows yum
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Wireless Networking
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Creating a seperate home partition (Raspberry Pi)
- 388,132 hits
Tag Archives: bash
The following shell script doesn’t do anything interesting by itself but it is a very useful bit of boiler plate for parsing command line options. Advertisements
The following commands will check to see if you are running out of disk space and warn you when any partition has 20% or less free space.
Short bash function routine to prompt the user to enter Yes or No (which may be abbreviated to Y or N) in response to a prompt.
Occasionally I want to display a user-friendly progress bar when doing something in a script, usually downloading a file.
Just to remind myself this one liner that does exactly what it says on the tin!