- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Configuring the base system
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 439,298 hits
Tag Archives: simh
I first encountered VMS sometime in the 1980’s after having used an ICL1900 and a DEC System 20 and I’ve been a bit of a fan ever since, particularly of the file system which supports file versioning, which is something … Continue reading
I have two network interfaces in my workstation and I wanted to dedicate one to a separate network to use with my real and simulated MicroVAXs. The first problem was how to bring the second interface up without giving it … Continue reading
While sorting through some old FORTRAN notes I found what amounted to a one line program, which was included as a minimalistic example of what could be achieved using implicit DO loops.
Obviously UFW does not affect network protocols like DECnet or LAT but to allow incoming TCP/IP connections to a tap/tun interface that is being used by SIMH or QEMU you need to modify the firewall rules.
I’ve known about this website for a while but although the author had made some (considerable) progress enhancing the VAX simulations in ‘simh‘ until a few months ago there was no code available to run on Linux.