TagsALGOL 68 alpha apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh stretch ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows yum
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Wireless Networking
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Installing Lighttpd with Python CGI support
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 373,674 hits
Category Archives: Programming
The following shell script doesn’t do anything interesting by itself but it is a very useful bit of boiler plate for parsing command line options. Advertisements
The following commands will check to see if you are running out of disk space and warn you when any partition has 20% or less free space.
Short bash function routine to prompt the user to enter Yes or No (which may be abbreviated to Y or N) in response to a prompt.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.
After just messing about and experimenting with my Sense Hat a bit I had a short python script that just loaded each ‘.png’ file it found in the current directory and displayed it on the 8×8 LED matrix.