- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- 437,199 hits
Category Archives: Programming
Spoiler alert – if you don’t want to know my solutions to today’s Google Doodle Puzzles close your browser or press the ‘back’ button now! Advertisements
The following shell script doesn’t do anything interesting by itself but it is a very useful bit of boiler plate for parsing command line options.
The following commands will check to see if you are running out of disk space and warn you when any partition has 20% or less free space.
Short bash function routine to prompt the user to enter Yes or No (which may be abbreviated to Y or N) in response to a prompt.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.