- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Using 'find'
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 402,070 hits
Category Archives: Programming
The following shell script doesn’t do anything interesting by itself but it is a very useful bit of boiler plate for parsing command line options. Advertisements
The following commands will check to see if you are running out of disk space and warn you when any partition has 20% or less free space.
Short bash function routine to prompt the user to enter Yes or No (which may be abbreviated to Y or N) in response to a prompt.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.
After just messing about and experimenting with my Sense Hat a bit I had a short python script that just loaded each ‘.png’ file it found in the current directory and displayed it on the 8×8 LED matrix.