- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Determine MTU size using ping
- Setting the network MTU size
- Implementing 'cat' in Python (reading a file character by character)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Yet another desktop - Compiling CDE on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Configure a network interface to have no IP address
- Remote Desktop using VNC
- Set Linux Console Height and Width
- Booting in Text Mode with GRUB2
- 646,320 hits
Tag Archives: vax
Before using VMS Standalone Backup you need to install the Standalone Backup files on a suitable boot device.
As most of the links on the original pages are now broken I decided to post my own copy of the minimum supported VMS versions for VAX and Alpha systems here so I can find them again!
Obviously UFW does not affect network protocols like DECnet or LAT but to allow incoming TCP/IP connections to a tap/tun interface that is being used by SIMH or QEMU you need to modify the firewall rules.
I use the SIMH simulator to allow me to run VAX/VMS on my linux desktop using an OpenVMS Hobbyist license. Compiling simh and getting a simulated MicroVAX II running on my Raspberry Pi was relatively easy.