- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Determine MTU size using ping
- Setting the network MTU size
- Implementing 'cat' in Python (reading a file character by character)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Yet another desktop - Compiling CDE on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Remote Desktop using VNC
- Configure a network interface to have no IP address
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Set Linux Console Height and Width
- Configuring a linux wireless access point
- 646,333 hits
Tag Archives: alpha
A very short one liner straight from the manual – just to save me remembering where I put it! The keyboard layout use by the console is selected by the language environment variable.
The AlphaServer DS10 has a separate processor on the system motherboard that allows and operator to control the system via the serial (console) port using the Remote Management Console (RMC).
As most of the links on the original pages are now broken I decided to post my own copy of the minimum supported VMS versions for VAX and Alpha systems here so I can find them again!
It is possible to use the built-in exerciser to test the disks in an Alphaserver from the console.
Even though I normally use my Alphaserver DS10 as a Linux workstation with a locally connected screen, keyboard and mouse I still use the serial console.
If you configure your Alpha Server to use the serial interface before installing the operating system you will have to explicitly tell the installer to use the serial console when you boot from the install CD.