TagsALGOL 68 alpha apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh stretch ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows yum
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing MATE on Raspbian/Debian 8.0 (jessie)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Raspberry Pi 3 Wireless Networking
- 360,188 hits
Author Archives: mike632t
You can play back video on the console of without installing a graphical interface providing you enable the framebuffer.
When using X windows on a virtual machine I have found that the screen resolution is detected automatically it can often default to a maximum resolution of 1024×768 pixels – sometimes you can select a better resolution (by navigating to … Continue reading
Before using VMS Standalone Backup you need to install the Standalone Backup files on a suitable boot device.
Unlike Debian which prompts to select you location to determine the best mirror, CentOS will prompt you to enter the URL of the mirror server during the install.
As most of the links on the original pages are now broken I decided to post my own copy of the minimum supported VMS versions for VAX and Alpha systems here so I can find them again!