- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Configuring the base system
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 439,298 hits
Tag Archives: qemu
Rather then use the console when working on a system I generally prefer to connect remotely using ‘ssh’ as it is so much easier to be able to cut and paste from a terminal session on my workstation that way. … Continue reading
Obviously UFW does not affect network protocols like DECnet or LAT but to allow incoming TCP/IP connections to a tap/tun interface that is being used by SIMH or QEMU you need to modify the firewall rules.
I’m a big fan of the ‘less is more’ approach and although I’m quite happy to check out the latest release of Debian (or Ubuntu) using a live CD or by just selecting the standard desktop packages and letting the … Continue reading
A couple of weeks ago I decided to compile QEMU from source, so I could experiment with the latest version rather than the default version included with the current version of Debian.
I use the SIMH simulator to allow me to run VAX/VMS on my linux desktop using an OpenVMS Hobbyist license. Compiling simh and getting a simulated MicroVAX II running on my Raspberry Pi was relatively easy.