- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Using 'find'
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 402,070 hits
Category Archives: VMS
Before using VMS Standalone Backup you need to install the Standalone Backup files on a suitable boot device. Advertisements
As most of the links on the original pages are now broken I decided to post my own copy of the minimum supported VMS versions for VAX and Alpha systems here so I can find them again!
A long time ago when I first had access to a VMS Workstation with DEC Windows you didn’t really need to worry about the screen resolution or refresh rate as the graphics options were essentially fixed by the hardware.
As may be obvious from some of my other recent posts I’ve been ‘playing’ with my AlphaServer DS10 recently. Actually it is more of an AlphaStation now as I’ve installed an ATI Radeon 7500 (3X-PBXGG-AA) which works quite nicely under … Continue reading