TagsALGOL 68 alpha apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh stretch ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows yum
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- A minimal Debian installation
- Enable verbose startup messages in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- 352,659 hits
Category Archives: VMS
Before using VMS Standalone Backup you need to install the Standalone Backup files on a suitable boot device.
As most of the links on the original pages are now broken I decided to post my own copy of the minimum supported VMS versions for VAX and Alpha systems here so I can find them again!
A long time ago when I first had access to a VMS Workstation with DEC Windows you didn’t really need to worry about the screen resolution or refresh rate as the graphics options were essentially fixed by the hardware.
As may be obvious from some of my other recent posts I’ve been ‘playing’ with my AlphaServer DS10 recently. Actually it is more of an AlphaStation now as I’ve installed an ATI Radeon 7500 (3X-PBXGG-AA) which works quite nicely under … Continue reading