- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Enable root logins using ssh in Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- 437,199 hits
Category Archives: Raspbian
By default the root password is locked to prevent you from being able to login as root on Debian/Raspbian, and for good reason. Advertisements
I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve had to check how to remove extra spaces from the end of the lines, or convert between DOS and Unix style line feeds so I thought I’d better write down some … Continue reading
When using X windows on a virtual machine I have found that the screen resolution is detected automatically it can often default to a maximum resolution of 1024×768 pixels.
I’ve been using MATE as my main desktop for some time so when it came to installing Linux on my new laptop (an HP 6470b that I picked up second-hand) it was the obvious choice.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.