- ALGOL 68
- Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3
- X windows
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Video Streaming using Netcat
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Using 'find'
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- 402,070 hits
Category Archives: Raspbian
When using X windows on a virtual machine I have found that the screen resolution is detected automatically it can often default to a maximum resolution of 1024×768 pixels. Advertisements
I’ve been using MATE as my main desktop for some time so when it came to installing Linux on my new laptop (an HP 6470b that I picked up second-hand) it was the obvious choice.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.
There are differences between versions of some of the relatively common utilities that occasionally make it necessary to check which version is installed in a script, but comparing version numbers in a script is quite hard – fortunately if you … Continue reading