TagsALGOL 68 alpha apt audio bash C/C++ cinnamon COBOL DECwindows firefox GDM GNOME grub i2c jessie lenny lightdm lighttpd MATE nfs photography python qemu Raspberry Pi Raspberry Pi 3 sensehat simh squeeze ssh stretch ubuntu UFW vax video VMS vnc wheezy windows WiPy wireless wordpress xdmcp XFCE X windows yum
- Installing Firefox and Thunderbird on a Raspberry Pi
- Minimal GNOME 3 Install on Debian (jessie)
- GNOME 3 Customizing the login screen
- Configuring ssh on Debian (stretch)
- Installing Budgie Desktop on Debian 9.x (stretch)
- Installing Cinnamon on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Minimal install of Debian (stretch)
- Installing Skype on Debian 8.0 (Jessie)
- Raspberry Pi 3 Wireless Networking
- Creating a seperate home partition (Raspberry Pi)
- 388,132 hits
Category Archives: Debian
When using X windows on a virtual machine I have found that the screen resolution is detected automatically it can often default to a maximum resolution of 1024×768 pixels – sometimes you can select a better resolution (by navigating to … Continue reading
This is really just an update of my previous post with a few minor changes to bring it up to date.
I’ve been using MATE as my main desktop for some time so when it came to installing Linux on my new laptop (an HP 6470b that I picked up second-hand) it was the obvious choice.
If you are behind a web-proxy then installing packages or updating your system requires that the environment variable http_proxy is defined first – this then tells the system to use a web-proxy.